We’re excited to announce Yelp’s Passport to Downtown South– A limited 2-week promotion in May 2016 to get locals experiencing all the fabulousness that’s to be found in Downtown South through some great local events!
Participating businesses will work with Andi P., Yelp’s Orlando Senior Community Manager, to host an event to showcase their business to Orlando’s Yelpers. Yelpers are a unique mix of foodies, urban adventurers, and local experts (many are also local bloggers). They are often the go-to members of the community to get recommendations for where to go and what to do in town.
All of our events are complimentary, private events that generally last two hours and are held on off-nights (so we don’t take away from your busy nights). These parties are meant to showcase the best, most unique things about your biz as well as any fun/entertaining elements that set you apart.
Aside from getting directly in front of this influential crowd Yelp will provide:
- Public event listing on yelp.com by the Community Manager OR on the private Elite Yelper Calendar
- Marketing of the event on all of Yelp Orlando’s social media platforms as well as on Yelp.com.
- Full RSVP/confirmation/wait-list management
- Public listing for Yelpers to post pictures and write about the event.
- Professional photography (yours to keep after the event).
- Posts to all of our social media accounts and custom hashtag the night of the event to drive social engagement.
- Mention in a dedicated blog post on Yelp’s National Community blog (with link to your business, photos from the event, etc.).
Take a look at a few recent events:
Last month we hosted Yelp Goes Rogue at Rogue Pub. The event featured 6 different beer and chili pairing stations (with reps from Funky Buddha, OBP, Goose Island, etc., and chili by Chili Daddy), a hashtag contest, and a 3-piece all-girls Ukulele band (the Uke-A-Ladies. They’re awesome.). It’s a great example of a Yelp event – highlighting what the biz does best while we threw in some over-the-top unique add-ons to make the event truly buzz-worthy.
- Yelp Gets Poppin’ at The Pop Parlour ft. Downtown Credo Coffee
- Yelp’s #OrlandoMade Marketplace at The Ancient Olive ft. 10 local makers
- Yelp Gets Hoppy, Toasted, and Baked at Redlight Redlight ft. Toasted and P is for Pie
- Yelp Goes Local at Artegon Orlando
- Yelp’s Kickoff to Magical Dining Month
The point of Yelp Events are really to get new people experiencing the biz, sharing the heck out of it, and falling in love with it as their new favorite taco spot/Cuban restaurant/happy hour spot/etc.